In Product Design Studio, students will form teams to respond to a “Product Design Challenge” by developing, testing, and presenting a new product or business idea. Students will be introduced to a stage-based design process and be given opportunities to develop their skills in understanding user needs, ideating solutions and making prototypes through experiential learning.
- Apply design methods to identify users and their needs for a design problem
- Systematically ideate and evaluate solutions based on design requirements
- Develop functional working prototypes to communicate design ideas.
- Analyse a design problem and translate it into technical requirements
- Create design alternatives for a design problem
- Evaluate a design based on criteria
- Design and create an electronic device with sensing and motion capabilities
- Construct working prototypes to communicate a design solution
Textbook(s) and/or Other Required Material
- Ulrich, Karl T., Eppinger, Steve D., and Yang, Maria C., Product Design and Development. 7th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2020.