In Service Design Studio, students will form a team to respond to a “Service Design Challenge” by conceptualizing, designing and implementing a new AI-based application to deliver a service. Students will learn web technologies to deploy cross-platform service solutions to various industry needs.
For more information, please visit course website.
- Conduct all phases of development from problem analysis to deployment
- Present software design work and critique other students’ designs
- Build medium-scale web applications using standard technologies on the cloud
- Design key components of a software system
- Exercise good work ethics in dealing with different stake holders
- Analyze problems and write design documents for a software system
- Design and implement key components of a software system including data models, event structures, and interfaces
- Present and pitch their design solutions as well as give constructive critique on other students’ design
- Implement Cloud Services as key technology components in the overall service solutions
- Communicate well and exercise good work ethics both among group members as well as with industry mentors
Textbook(s) and/or Other Required Material
- “Engineering Software as a Service: An Agile Approach Using Cloud Computing” by Armando Fox and David Patterson, Book version 2.0b